If you look after someone, either all the time or just some of the time, who is frail due to age, has a disability, health or has a mental illness, Dementia, then Carers SA is here for you.
Carers SA is the main provider of support services for unpaid carers and is dedicated to working with all carers regardless of age, location or life-style to provide them with support, choices and opportunities to improve their quality of life.
For over 30 years Carers SA has been the voice for carers so their contribution to the South Australian community and economy is recognised.
Carers are at the heart of everything we do.
We want your contribution to be valued and your voice to be heard.
Carers SA provides unpaid carers with a range of support services including carer support planning, emergency respite, peer support and coaching, in-person counselling and tailored financial packages.
A breakdown of the services are as follows:
• Tailored carer-directed support packages
that give carers practical assistance of their
• Counselling provided by qualified coun-
sellors. Talk one-on-one, in person with a professional counsellor in your area or on the phone in the comfort of your own home about any concerns or situation.
• Carer support planning to understand carer needs and develop a tailored action plan.
• Peer support workshops and coaching that connects carers with other carers in similar situations and identifies goals and teaches new ways to manage stress and improve carer wellbeing.
• Emergency respite which provides Carers relief from caring during an urgent or un- planned event.
Visit www.carerssa.com.au/how-can-we- help/ for more information.