Winter is here and it is inevitable some of us will have to drive in the rain. Here are some tips to help keep you safe in the wet:
• Slow Down! Avoid driving through puddles of water at speed. Water splashing up into the engine can cause the vehicle to stall.
• Keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you. Vehicles driving on wet bitumen need two to three times more stopping distance.
• If possible avoid lanes where water collects near the kerb during heavy rainfall.
• Avoid distractions such as eating, drinking, tuning radios or using hands free mobile phones.
• If stopping on the side of the road, improve your visibility by using your hazard lights.
• Make sure all lights are operating correctly. Check wipers are working and wiper blades are in good order.
• Turn your headlights on so your vehicle is more visible.
• Check your tyre inflation pressure and tread are correct.
Drive safely and arrive safely!
• Next Neighbourhood Watch meeting will be held on Tuesday, July 9, at 7.30pm in Two Wells RSL. The following meeting will be held on Tuesday August 13.
Blue Light success
Everyone is welcome to attend. Our last Blue Light disco was a huge success, with a record number of kids attending.
A lot of work goes into organising and supervising these events, so it is really rewarding when we see so many of our local youth having a great time in a safe environment.
We’d like to say a big THANK YOU to all the kids who come along, and to the wonderful volunteers who help organise and supervise.
Another “thank you” to Harvey Norman for assistance with supply of prizes, and to Cheryl, of Two Wells Pizza Bar, for her great support and yummy pizzas!
Our next Blue Light disco will be our 5th birthday, to be held on Friday, August 16, at Two Wells Community Centre, from 7pm – 9.30pm, for youth aged 8 to 17 years. Entry $5.
The theme will be ‘Blue’ so start thinking now!